These certifications represent my formal training as a Functional Medicine Health Coach. To learn more about each program, click the arrows below.
I graduated from Andrea Nakayama’s Functional Nutrition Lab Full Body Systems. In this Comprehensive Functional Nutrition Immersion, I learned how to evaluate my client’s health journeys to becoming a Health Practitioner that my client and their clinicians can trust. I was taught the steps and tools to uncover the root-cause of illness (even the tough and tricky cases)
We dove deep into The 7 Systems of the body, learning anatomy, physiology and biochemistry:
- Digestive System: Understanding how this is truly the root of health and can affect (positively or negatively) all the systems of the body
- Immune System: Discovering the keys to immunity and how autoimmune challenges can be reduced
- Urinary System: Understanding why adrenal issues, problems with blood pressure, water retention, prostate issues and interstitial cystitis are on the rise and how to uncover their causes
- Cardiovascular System: Understanding how to work with clients with heart disease
- Endocrine System: Unlocking hormone imbalances with a greater understanding of blood sugar, cortisol and the cascade of hormones that impact health
- Nervous System (Brain): Learning how to assist those with mood disorders, “leaky brain” and even traumatic brain injuries
- Reproductive System: Puberty to menopause and everything in between is covered
Classes were taught by Andrea Nakayama who is considered a Pioneer leader in the field of Functional Nutrition. She is a functional medicine nutritionist and educator, leading thousands of clients, students, and practitioners around the world in a revolution reclaiming ownership over their own health. Andrea works with patients, practitioners, and doctors, reframing both health and healthcare for more sustainable results. In addition, we had Guest Health and Medical Expert Interviews from the world's top health and wellness experts including:
- Jordan Reasoner, recognized for his expertise in the Specific Carbohydrate Diet (SCD)
- Jill Carnahan, MD, founder of Flatiron Functional Medicine. She is always searching for underlying triggers that are contributing to illness through cutting-edge lab testing and tailor the intervention to specific needs as an individual.
- Allison Siebecker, ND, MSOM, LAc, leading world expert in the identification and treatment of SIBO.
- Benjamin Lynch, ND, leading expert in nutrigenomics and methylation defects
- Lara Adler, Environmental Toxins Expert and Educator
- Thomas Fabian, functional nutritionist, educator and former research scientist, with expertise in the microbiome, gut-immune-brain axis, metabolic regulation, and healthy aging.
- Terry Wahls, MD, clinical professor of medicine at the University of Iowa where she teaches internal medicine residents, sees patients in a traumatic brain injury clinic and conducts clinical trials. She is the creator and author of the Wahls Protocol.
- Nalini Chilkov, L.AC., O.M.D., leading edge authority and pioneer in the field of Integrative Cancer Care, Cancer Prevention and Immune Enhancement
- Tom O’Bryan DC, CCN, DACBN, world-renowned expert in the field of gluten-related disorders, Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity (NCGS), Celiac Disease (CD) and their link to other chronic conditions, including autoimmune disorders and diseases.
- Dr. Masley, M.D., physician, nutritionist, author, speaker, award-winning patient educator, & a fellow with the American Heart Association
~and soo many more...
I am a Functional Diagnostic Nutrition® (FDN) Practitioner (FDN-P) where I am learn the type of detective work that identifies the underlying causes and conditions that cause disease instead of treating symptoms. Using functional lab work, we are taught to recognize patterns of imbalance in the body and identify healing opportunities. This natural, holistic approach yields the highest level of positive results. We don’t medicate, we educate! We don’t guess, we test! Functional Diagnostic Nutrition teaches which labs to use and how to interpret the results so we have a complete understanding of how to interpret them functionally, instead of just treating the test result. With FDN, I am taught how to create simple, customized step by step health restoration plans for my clients to achieve real results.
I graduated from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition, where I learned innovative coaching methods, practical lifestyle management techniques, and over 100 dietary theories – Ayurveda, gluten-free, Paleo, raw, vegan, macrobiotics, and everything in between.
I studied with the world's top health and wellness experts including:
- Joshua Rosenthal, founder and director of the Institute for Integrative Nutrition
- Deepak Chopra, MD leader in the field of mind-body medicine
- David Katz, MD, MPH, director of Yale University’s Prevention Research Center
- Walter Willett, MD, DrPH, chair of nutrition at Harvard University
- Andrew Weil, MD, director of the Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine
- Gabrielle Bernstein, bestselling author and life coach
- Susan Blum, MD, MPH, assistant clinical professor at Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- Mark Hyman, MD, founder of The UltraWellness Center
- Geneen Roth, bestselling author and expert on emotional eating
- David Wolfe, raw food leader and nutrition expert
- Marion Nestle, PhD, MPH, professor at New York University’s Department of Nutrition, Food Studies, and Public Health
- Mark Bittman, food writer for The New York Times and bestselling author
- Joel Fuhrman, MD, family physician and leading expert on nutritional healing
~And soo many more...
I am an AutoImmune Paleo (AIP) Certified Coach. The AIP Certification course is taught by three brilliant well-known leaders in the AutoImmune world: Sarah Ballantyne, PhD; Mickey Trescott, NTP; and Angie Alt, NTP, CHC.
In the course, we dove deep into the science-based foundation for using dietary and lifestyle approaches to wellness.
The very detailed science-based foundation taught how to troubleshoot to address a client's individual complex needs with autoimmune disease, rather than taking a one-size-fits-all approach. And this, in turn, helps raise the client's awareness levels about the nature of his/her invisible illness.
I am a certified Wahls Protocol® Health Professional. I am trained to work alongside clients to implement the life-changing concepts from Dr. Terry Wahls’ book, The Wahls Protocol. Terry Wahls, MD is a clinical professor of medicine at the University of Iowa. She is also a patient with secondary progressive multiple sclerosis, which confined her to a tilt-recline wheelchair for four years. Dr. Wahls restored her health using a diet and lifestyle program she designed specifically for her brain and now pedals her bike to work each day. She has a passion to facilitate an epidemic of health. I am privileged to be able to share her message and help other implement the Wahls protocol in their own life.
Metabolic Healing educates about the many facets of living a holistic lifestyle, empowering the individual with the skills and knowledge to make informed decisions about his/her own whole health. Metabolic Healing has provided me with up-to-date , relevant, and testable educational materials. They have educated me with unique, practical, scientifically sound, and holistic methods for assessing and providing guidance to my client base. With Metabolic Healing’s programs, I can help clients break though the common roadblocks which prevent them from seeing whole picture by providing cutting-edge ideas and practices. My coursework includes the following classes through Metabolic Healing.
Introduction to Estrogen
Implementing Methylation and Biochemistry - Specific Nutrition
Understanding nutrigenomics and methylation pathways are critical to optimizing the health in each and every one of us: women, men, children and unborn children. Seeking Health Educational Institute (SHEI) identifies and assimilates clinically-relevant research in the areas of nutrigenomics and methylation. They then deliver it to the health professional – and layperson. As the leader in nutrigenomics and methylation research interpretation, SHEI is the trusted resource for health professionals and laypersons worldwide. My coursework include the following classes through Seeking Health Educational Institute.
- Understanding the Ketogenic Diet
- Fundamentals of Genetics
- Genetic Testing and Reporting
I am a member of Chris Kresser's Adapt Academy. Health professionals committed to exploring and mastering better, practical, evidence-based solutions for preventing and reversing chronic illness come together. The evidence-based training, practical tools, and passionate community moves beyond the conventional disease management model of medicine and join the movement to reinvent health care.
I attended an over 10+hour live course, taught by Dr. Allison Siebecker. Dr. Siebecker is one of the world’s leading expert on SIBO. Masterclass included Dr. Siebecker SIBO Diet and Dr. Siebecker SIBO Treatment and Prevention.
In addition to my formal education, I have attended a number of in-person and online seminars including:
- Dirty Genes Summit 2018 It is packed with over 35 interviews from world-renowned experts and will empower you to live a clean genes lifestyle
- Broken Brain with Mark Hyman, MD 2017 & 2018 Addresses the root causes of a terrifying and growing epidemic that ranges from Alzheimer’s, dementia, brain injuries, ADHD, autism, depression, anxiety, concussions, and everything in between.
- Square One Healing Cancer Coaching Program with Chris Wark 2017 Taught by Chris Wark of Chrisbeatcancer.com, the program provides information he wished he knew when he was diagnosed with cancer. He distilled the most essential, most effective healing protocols into a simple program that one can start immediately.
- The Thyroid Secret, Dispelling the Myths and Revealing the True Solution to Disease 2017 A program to raise awareness about thyroid disease and empower people to implement
natural alternatives and therapies to get their health back.
- My Healthy Child Summit 2017 A collection of 21 presentations about raising thriving children. Together, they share the best strategies for raising healthy children.
- Food Revolution Summit 2017 Pesticides, hormones, antibiotics, GMOs, and toxic, untested chemicals are spreading like a virus through our food supply. This summit combined 24 visionary speakers explaining how we can prevent and reverse heart disease, cancer, diabetes, fatigue, poor sleep, memory problems, and other health challenges — with food!
- Thyroid Connection Summit with Amy Myers, MD 2016 The Thyroid Connection Summit shared the tools to change one’s diet, reduce toxic burden, overcome infections and make stress relief a daily habit — knowledge that could empower one to regain control of his/her health and happiness in life.
- Women and Autoimmune Disease by CE International Autoimmune diseases are the third most common category of disease in the United States after cancer and heart disease. Autoimmune diseases affect approximately 8% of the population, 78% of whom are women making autoimmune disease a major women’s health issue. This course reviews current research on treatment for the more commonly diagnosed autoimmune diseases in women.
- The Truth About Cancer, A Global Quest 2015 Nine-episode docu-series traveling the world interviewing 131 doctors, researchers, and several cancer survivors to address their preferred methods of holistic care.